Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Idol's Adam Lambert to play New Zealand

Controversial American Idol star Adam Lambert is set to perform in New Zealand for the first time.

The singer, who was runner-up in the reality show's eighth season, will perform at Trusts Stadium in Auckland on October 17.

He promises to bring his full audio-visual show, with a spectacal that combines 60s psycadelia, 70s disco and 80s glam-goth.

Lambert caused controversy at the American Music Awards last year with a sexually charged performance that included a kiss with his male keyboard player. Networks were flooded with complaints, but Lambert defended the show.

"I admit I did get carried away, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I do see how people got offended, and that was not my intention," he said.

"If it had been a female pop performer doing the moves that were on the stage, I don't think there'd be nearly as much of an outrage at all," Lambert added. "I think it's because I'm a gay male."


Tickets go on sale on September 13.

Adam Lambert
October 17: Trusts Stadium, Auckland

Until next time keep rockin'
The 0800 Jukebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.